This week we're supporting the first London Climate Action Week.
London Climate Action Week gives us a chance to share world-leading low carbon solutions and expertise, and highlight the action taking place in London. The aim is to show the UK and the rest of the world what practical changes we can make to tackle the climate emergency. Watch the short video, put together by the Mayor of London highlighting six key things he is doing to tackle climate change in the Capital.
Six things London has done to address the climate emergency
- The Mayor has committed to making London zero carbon meeting the highest ambitions of the Paris Agreement
- Around 20% of London’s greenhouse gases come from road transport; The mayor is helping to tackle this with the ultra low emission zone
- Buildings in London contribute 74% of greenhouse emissions; the mayor is introducing zero carbon standard for all new developments
- The Mayor has introduced renewable energy schemes expected to double London’s solar capacity
- The Mayor is working with boroughs on green projects
- Finally, he’s helped cut pension fund investment into fossil fuels