The Housing Forum’s Innovation Forum, supported by the Mayor of London and part of the London Climate Action Week; the session took place on 5th July 2019 and focused on decarbonising the UK’s housing stock. View our SlideShare for more:
The drive for sustainable homes and communities is a top priority, with the Government accelerating the shift to a clean economy, building on the industrial strategy, clean growth strategy and 25-year Environmental Plan. This seminar looked at the key issues of sustainability for housing.
The session covered:
- Key considerations how cleaner economic growth and the requirement to comply with carbon reduction goals
- A legal overview of new sustainability targets
- Effective low carbon alternatives to individual gas boilers
- Understand the behaviours and energy usage of your residents
- monitor and manage the effectiveness of your systems
- plan your affordable energy strategy
It also gave examples from the from the field into the day to day performance of low carbon energy systems and considered the implications of pending regulation from the Competition and Markets Authority’s market study of the District Heating Market.